Texas High Conflict Divorce Lawyers
Choosing the Right High-Conflict Divorce Attorney with the Right Experience
A high-conflict divorce can take a toll on you mentally and emotionally if you don’t have the right support. If you live in Texas, a high-conflict divorce attorney near you at Goranson Bain Ausley can help you navigate the unique challenges of this situation.
High-conflict divorces can be very emotionally charged. There may be anger, a lack of trust, a desire to hurt the opposing party, and/or a desire by your spouse to get revenge at any cost, emotionally and financially. It’s important that you keep calm and don’t negatively engage with your high-conflict spouse, as it could impact the results of your divorce. High-conflict personalities contribute to the complexities of a divorce, and knowing how to identify and manage these personalities can help you create an effective strategy for moving forward. A skilled high-conflict divorce lawyer within our firm can help you recognize these personality traits and show you how to deal with them in the most effective way.
What Are High-Conflict Personalities and How Does it Impact Divorce?
A high-conflict personality is typically someone who wants to be in control, has a preoccupation with blaming others, has an “all or nothing” mentality, and has a lack of emotional regulation. Five common types of personalities fall into this category.
- Narcissistic Personality: Narcissists are self-centered and arrogant, lack consideration for others, and need admiration.
- Borderline Personality: Borderline personalities are intense, have mood swings, and tend to blame others.
- Histrionic Personality: A histrionic personality’s self-esteem depends on the approval of others, and they will often behave dramatically or inappropriately to get attention.
- Paranoid Personality: Spouses with a paranoid personality have a deep lack of trust.
- Antisocial Personality: Antisocial personalities have a lack of conscience and morality.
Strategies to Employ When Navigating a High Conflict Divorce
Understanding how to deal with a high conflict personality can save you a lot of mental and emotional energy. Here are a few tips on how to interact with a high conflict personality:
- Recognize who you are dealing with, and work with your high-conflict divorce attorney to follow a set strategy.
- Choose your language carefully and avoid divisive words.
- Don’t engage with combative behavior, no matter the level of anger expressed by your spouse.
- Don’t be afraid to walk away if you need a moment to calm down or if your spouse is triggered in some manner.
One of the most important things to remember when dealing with a high-conflict personality is that your behavior and reactions can either minimize or escalate an interaction. A lawyer experienced with high-conflict divorce can provide you with the tools, strategy, and resources to assist you in achieving your desired outcome.
Hire an Experienced High-Conflict Divorce Lawyer
Divorce can be damaging to a family, both financially and emotionally. That’s why it’s important that you choose an experienced family law attorney who understands how to interact with a high-conflict personality. If you live near Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Granbury, or Plano, Texas, there’s a highly skilled high-conflict divorce lawyer near you: Contact Goranson Bain Ausley and we can provide guidance to help you achieve a strategic, constructive, and efficient resolution. Schedule your consultation with us today.