Experienced Attorney for Complex Property Division and Business Valuation During Divorce
I represent business owners, C-suite executives, professionals, and their spouses who want to protect their livelihood and minimize the emotional and financial costs of divorce. My approach is to facilitate a constructive process by offering the full continuum of divorce resolution options, such as mediation or Collaborative Divorce. Listening carefully to my clients’ concerns, I work with them to develop goals and plans for their future. I look at divorce from my clients’ perspective and know they are individuals whose families and financial situations are unique and deserve a customized solution. My goal is to advise clients on the best approach to resolve their family law matters and achieve a successful outcome.
- Explore out-of-court options for complex financial and parenting matters, including Collaborative Divorce and mediation, to achieve an efficient resolution.
- Empower clients to make informed and well-advised decisions that will serve them in the long term.
- Protect clients’ business interests with knowledgeable strategies for dividing complex assets.
- Ensure that non-monied clients understand finances to secure resources for their post-divorce lives.
Jeff Shore is a highly experienced litigator, mediator, and collaborative law attorney. His work as a civil business litigator prior to becoming a family lawyer contributes to his strong technical skills and business acumen. He is adept at handling the full range of family law issues, with a particular interest in high-net-worth divorce cases, including complex property cases involving partnerships, business valuation, and asset tracing.
Jeff was named Lawyer of the Year, Family Law Mediation in Dallas/Fort Worth by The Best Lawyers in America® in 2022. He is Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and rated “AV” by his peers, the highest rating in legal ability and ethical standards. In addition, Jeff has been selected as a “Super Lawyer” in Family Law, Thomson Reuters, 2010–2022.
A native of Ohio, Jeff and his wife Debra have two grown children, Jessica, and Brandon. He is proud that they both graduated college with honors, working and are “off the payroll.” Away from the office, Jeff enjoys golf, playing piano and guitar, and traveling.
Giving back to the community has been of great importance to Jeff throughout his 30-year career as a Texas attorney. He provides many pro bono mediations for Denton County and North Texas each year.
- Collaborative Divorce
- Divorce Mediation
- Property Division
- Complex Property
- Characterization of Separate and Community Property
- Divorce for Business Owners
- Business Valuation in Divorce
- High Net Worth Divorce
- Divorce for Men
- Divorce for Women
- Mental Health and Addiction in Divorce
- High Conflict Divorce
- Uncontested Divorce
- Negotiated Divorce
- Litigated Divorce
- LGBT Divorce
- Parenting Schedules
- Visitation Rights
- LGBT Parenting Rights
- Dividing the Marital Home
- Becoming a Foster Parent
- Grandparent Visitation and Custody Rights in Texas
- Cohabitation Agreement
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Contested Divorce
- Alimony & Spousal Support Maintenance
- Appealing a Divorce Decree or Judgment
- Pre-Divorce Guidance
- Modification and Enforcement
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
- Gray Divorce
- Modifying Child Support
Honors & Awards
- Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Family Law, Best Lawyers, 2019 – 2024
- Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Family Law Mediation, Best Lawyers, 2019 – 2024
- Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Collaborative Law: Family Law, Best Lawyers, 2019 – 2024
- List as Lawyer of the Year for Collaborative Law in Dallas, Best Lawyers, 2024
- Selected to the Texas Super Lawyers list, Thomson Reuters, 2010 – 2023
- AV rating, Martindale-Hubbell Legal Directory
Videos & Podcasts
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, 1981
- J.D., Law
- Syracuse University,1978
- Texas, 1986
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
Board Certified in Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2006