High-Level Business and Complex Property Divorce Experience
Jeff Shore on Your Family and Your Future
I represent business owners, C-suite executives, professionals, and their spouses who want to protect their livelihood and minimize the emotional and financial costs of divorce. Listening carefully to my client’s concerns; I work with them to develop goals and plans for their future. I look at divorce from my client’s perspective and know they are individuals whose families and financial situations are unique and deserve a customized solution. My goal is to advise clients on the best approach to resolve their family law matters and achieve an ultimately successful outcome.
- Explore out-of-court options for complex financial and parenting matters, including Collaborative Divorce, to achieve an efficient resolution.
- Empower clients to make informed and well-advised decisions that will serve them long term.
- Protect client’s business interests with knowledgeable strategies for dividing complex assets.
- Ensure that non-monied clients understand finances to secure resources for their post-divorce lives.
Jeff is a highly experienced litigator, mediator, and collaborative law attorney. His work as a civil business litigator prior to becoming a family lawyer contributes to his strong technical skills and business acumen. He is adept at handling complex property cases involving partnerships, business valuation and asset tracing. Jeff manages the full range of family law issues, with special capabilities in high-net-worth business and complex property cases.
Jeff was named Lawyer of the Year, Family Law Mediation in Dallas/Fort Worth by The Best Lawyers in America® in 2022. He is Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and rated “AV” by his peers, the highest rating in legal ability and ethical standards. In addition, Jeff has been selected as a “Super Lawyer” in Family Law, Thomson Reuters, 2010 – 2022.
Jeff is a senior partner at GBA specializing in complex property and high net worth divorce cases in Dallas.
A native of Ohio, Jeff and his wife Debra have two grown children, Jessica, and Brandon. He is proud that they both graduated college with honors, are working and “off the payroll.” Away from the office, Jeff enjoys golf, playing piano and guitar, and traveling.
Giving back to the community has been of great importance to Jeff throughout his 30-year career as a Texas attorney. He provides many pro bono mediations for Denton County and North Texas each year.
- Complex Property
- Cohabitation Agreement
- Property Division
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Alimony & Spousal Support Maintenance
- LGBTQ+ Divorce
- Contested Divorce
- Uncontested Divorce
- High Net Worth Divorce
- Collaborative Divorce
- Divorce Mediation
- Negotiated Divorce
- Litigated Divorce
- High Conflict Divorce
- Appealing a Divorce Decree or Judgment
- Divorce for Business Owners
- Pre-Divorce Guidance
- Modification and Enforcement
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
Honors & Awards
- Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Family Law, Woodward and White Press, 2019 – 2023
- Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Family Law Mediation, Woodward and White Press, 2019 – 2023
- Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Collaborative Law: Family Law, Woodward and White Press, 2019 – 2023
- Selected to the Texas Super Lawyers list, Thomson Reuters, 2010 – 2022
- AV rating, Martindale-Hubbell Legal Directory
Videos & Podcasts
- Collaborative Law Dallas
- President, 2011 – 2012
- Collaborative Divorce Texas (f/k/a Collaborative Law Institute of Texas)
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, 1981
- J.D., Law
- Syracuse University,1978
- Texas, 1986
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
Board Certified in Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2006