Flat Fee Divorce
Flat Fee Divorce Lawyers in Texas
If you want to eliminate the unforeseen costs in an agreed divorce case, there is an alternative: a flat fee divorce. The flat fee divorce billing model is based on the attorney’s efficient and constructive handling of an agreed divorce case. The flat fee divorce provides you with the opportunity to have your case settled expeditiously and constructively for a fixed price that you agree to up-front. You can manage the cost of an agreed divorce just as you manage a household budget.
What is a Flat Fee Divorce?
A flat fee divorce is a fixed-fee divorce option available to divorcing clients who want an amicable resolution and certainty about the costs associated with their divorce. As part of the flat fee divorce process, your Dallas, Plano or Austin divorce lawyer will provide you with a detailed agreement allowing you to know how much your divorce will cost upfront, without the risk of incurring unexpected fees or expenses. The flat fee includes payment of all filing fees.
Goranson Bain Ausley offers this legal option along with the benefits of being represented by one of our highly qualified and experienced divorce lawyers.
As a family law firm in Texas, our firm has a goal to help you achieve a successful outcome, control divorce costs, and minimize any disruption to your life—all while helping you prepare to face the future.
How Does the Process Work?
A flat fee divorce follows the following course:
- The first step is to start with a personal consultation with a divorce attorney at Goranson Bain Ausley to discuss your divorce and answer any questions you have about the process.
- We then prepare and file your Petition for Divorce, as well as the Waiver of Service necessary to begin your divorce proceeding. If your spouse has already filed for divorce, we will file a response on your behalf.
- During the 60-day waiting period after the Petition for Divorce has been filed and before the court has the authority to grant your divorce, we negotiate the agreed terms and prepare your Agreed Decree of Divorce. Any name change is included as part of the flat fee.
- Once the Decree is approved and signed by you and your spouse, we will arrange your appearance in court with an attorney. This is the final step to finalize the divorce.
While we cannot guarantee your divorce will occur by a certain date, you can generally expect the entire process to take 60-120 days, depending on everyone’s schedule and availability.
Is a Flat Fee Divorce Right for Me?
A flat fee divorce is a good solution for you if you and your spouse have reached an agreement regarding division of your assets and debts. If you have children, a flat fee divorce is a good solution if you both have reached an agreement about parenting time and parenting rights. Couples who do not meet these criteria are not a good fit for a flat fee divorce.
The best way to determine if a flat fee divorce is the right solution for your divorce is to set up a consultation with a divorce attorney. You can also take an interactive quiz to find out if a flat fee divorce is right for you.
Take our Flat Fee Divorce Quiz
Why Work With Us?
At Goranson Bain Ausley, we have an in-depth understanding of family law and the challenges of divorce. We will help you:
- Participate in a structured, amicable, and efficient process that gives you control over making key decisions about your post-divorce life
- Work towards a divorce decree that is effective and enforceable, should any problems arise in the future
- Avoid unexpected and unnecessary costs
Throughout the process, you will have the benefit of our knowledge, experience, and resources. We are here to make sure you and your family are in the best possible position to move on with life.
Contact Goranson Bain Ausley for Representation Throughout Texas
If you would like more information about flat fee divorces, contact us today to schedule a consultation to speak about your particular situation. Our divorce lawyers look forward to discussing your case with you in detail. Goranson Bain Ausley has three office locations in Texas: Dallas, Plano, and Austin.
Our Experienced Flat Fee Attorneys
As a law firm focused exclusively on family law and divorce in Austin, Dallas, and Plano, we have supported many couples with flat fee divorces. From the outset, our goal has always been to provide a better approach to family law that pairs sound advice with efficient service, minimizing disruptions to your life.