Skilled Flat-Fee Divorce Lawyers in Texas
To mitigate the likelihood of unexpected fees and manage the costs associated with an agreed divorce case, you may want to consider a flat-fee divorce. The billing model of a flat-fee divorce is based on the attorney’s efficient and constructive handling of an agreed divorce case. A flat-fee divorce provides you with the opportunity to have your case settled expeditiously and constructively for a fixed price that you agree to up front. You can manage the cost of an agreed divorce just as you manage a household budget. At Goranson Bain Ausley, we have extensive experience with flat-fee divorces, and we strive to handle these cases as efficiently as possible while minimizing disruptions to your life.
What Is a Flat-Fee Divorce?
A flat-fee divorce uses a fixed-fee model that provides divorcing clients looking for an amicable resolution with certainty regarding the cost of their divorce. During your divorce, your Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Granbury, or Plano flat-fee divorce lawyer will supply you with a clear and thorough agreement that will detail the up-front cost of your divorce and alleviate any uncertainties about unexpected expenses or fees. All filing fees will be included in the flat fee.
Our law firm offers this option to our clients along with the added benefits of being represented by one of our highly ethical, skilled, and experienced divorce lawyers.
At Goranson Bain Ausley, our goal is to do everything in our power to help you prepare for a brighter future, control the costs of your case, and achieve the outcome you deserve.
How Does the Flat-Fee Divorce Process Work?
A flat-fee divorce will follow these steps:
- The first thing you’ll want to do as part of a flat-fee divorce is schedule a personal consultation with an attorney at Goranson Bain Ausley. A member of our team will discuss the specifics of your divorce and supply you with answers to any questions you may have about the process.
- Next, we will prepare and file your Petition for Divorce as well as the Waiver of Service necessary to begin your divorce proceeding. If your spouse has already filed for divorce, one of our flat-fee divorce lawyers will file a response on your behalf.
- During the 60-day waiting period after the Petition for Divorce has been filed and before the court has the authority to grant your divorce, we’ll negotiate the agreed terms and prepare your Agreed Decree of Divorce. Any name change is included as part of the flat fee.
- Once you and your spouse have signed the decree and it has been approved, we will arrange your appearance in court with a flat-fee divorce attorney. This is the last step to finalize the divorce.
The entire process will generally take between 60 and 120 days, though we can’t guarantee a specific time frame, as it will depend on everyone’s schedule and availability.
Is a Flat-Fee Divorce Right for Me?
For those who have reached an agreement about the division of debts and assets with their spouse, a flat-fee divorce may be the right choice. Similarly, a flat-fee divorce is a good option for spouses with children who have come to an agreement regarding parenting rights and parenting time. If you do not meet these criteria, a flat-fee divorce may not be a good fit for your situation.
The best way to determine if a flat-fee divorce is the right solution for your unique needs is to set up a consultation with a divorce attorney. Flat-fee options are available, and you can also take an interactive quiz to find out if this choice is right for you.
Why Work With Us?
The flat-fee divorce lawyers at Goranson Bain Ausley have a wealth of experience and understanding regarding both family law and the unique challenges that come with divorce. A skilled divorce lawyer, flat fee or not, can help you:
- Participate in a structured, amicable, and efficient process that gives you control over making key decisions about your post-divorce life
- Work toward a divorce decree that is effective and enforceable, just in case any problems arise in the future
- Avoid unexpected and unnecessary costs
Throughout the process, you will have the benefit of our knowledge, experience, and resources. We are here to make sure that you and your family are in the best possible position to move on with life.
Contact Goranson Bain Ausley for Representation Throughout Texas
If you’re uncertain about flat-fee divorces or whether this is the right option for you, we can help. If you live in Texas, there’s a talented flat-fee divorce attorney near you: Our firm has offices in Austin, Fort Worth, Granbury, Plano, and Dallas. A divorce lawyer, flat-fee or otherwise, would be glad to discuss the specifics of your situation and help you make the best decision for your future. Contact Goranson Bain Ausley today to schedule a consultation.