Securing The Future When The Stakes Are High
Few situations are more challenging than a difficult family law matter. I help my clients successfully move through these life-changing transitions. I represent top executives, business owners, professionals, and their spouses who want to get through the divorce or the family law process with their dignity and finances intact. My goal is to lead clients through the process strategically and efficiently, whether we are preparing for court or discussing settlement. First, I assist clients in identifying their priorities, and then focus on finding practical solutions to achieve their objectives. As a result, my clients feel empowered to make positive decisions about their children and take control of their finances as they enter the next chapter of their lives.
- Generate options and educate clients on making informed decisions aligned with their most important goals, never losing sight of what matters most to clients.
- Provide peace of mind to clients through highly responsive service and honest, frequent, and accessible communication.
- Facilitate resolution of highly complex financial and parenting matters, in or out of the courtroom, without unnecessary financial or emotional costs.
- Apply strategic thinking to help clients make educated financial and parenting decisions for the best possible outcomes.
Lindsey is an experienced family lawyer who excels in handling complicated financial issues in divorce, including business and real estate valuations, complex property division, and asset tracing. As a former prosecutor, Lindsey utilizes her extensive courtroom experience and strategic thinking to help clients make informed decisions to achieve the best outcomes possible. She is also known for her experience in complex child custody cases, addiction, mental illness, domestic abuse, child protective services, and pre-or post-marital agreements.
Lindsey was named D Magazine’s Best Lawyer in 2021 and 2022 and was also named D Magazine’s Top Lawyers Under 40 for two consecutive years. Lindsey is Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and was selected to be a member of the 2020 Dallas Bar Association Women’s Empowered to Lead Program and the 2021 State Bar of Texas Leadership SBOT Program. Lindsey serves on the board of directors of a local nonprofit that helps children who have been victims of abuse, neglect, or abandonment.
Working out of our Dallas and Plano office locations, Lindsey is a partner at GBA and a highly experienced Dallas divorce attorney.
A Dallas native, Lindsey attended the Hockaday School and earned her undergraduate degree from Vanderbilt University. She is a proud parent of two little boys. Outside of practicing law, Lindsey can often be found running around the Park Cities with her dog, Gus, or volunteering at her church.
- Mental Health and Addiction in Divorce
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- High Net Worth Divorce
- Property Division
- Complex Property
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
- Parenting Schedules
- Visitation Rights
- LGBTQ+ Parenting Rights
- Divorce Mediation
- Dividing the Marital Home
- Characterization of Separate and Community Property
- Divorce for Business Owners
- Business Valuation in Divorce
- Becoming a Foster Parent
- Grandparent Visitation and Custody Rights in Texas
- Divorce for Women
- Alimony & Spousal Support Maintenance
- Divorce for Men
- Cohabitation Agreement
- LGBTQ+ Divorce
- Uncontested Divorce
- Contested Divorce
- Litigated Divorce
- Negotiated Divorce
- High Conflict Divorce
- Appealing a Divorce Decree or Judgment
- Pre-Divorce Guidance
- Modification and Enforcement
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine, 2021 & 2022
- Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch © in the field of Family Law, Woodward and White Press, 2021 & 2022
- Selected to the Texas Rising Star list, Thomson Reuters, 2022 & 2023
- Best Lawyers Under 40, D Magazine, 2021, 2022
- Navigating Divorce as a Working Mom July 17, 2023
- Modifying your Texas Divorce Decree is Not a Do-it-Yourself Project April 19, 2023
- Mediation Reminders April 13, 2023
- Divorce Mediator vs. Attorney: Which Do You Need? April 7, 2023
- 5 Essential Tips for Working Moms & Divorce April 5, 2023
- How to Split Stock Options and Restricted Stock Units in Divorce March 3, 2023
- When Worlds Collide: Immigration Law Issues Within a Family Law Practice August 31, 2022
- What Happens When Co-parents Disagree on the COVID Vaccine in Texas? August 17, 2021
- Alcoholism & Child Custody: Protecting a Child’s Safety November 18, 2020
- Job Loss & Child Support During Coronavirus April 1, 2020
- How Domestic Violence Impacts Family Law Cases September 30, 2019
- Tips for Financial Wellness in Divorce July 31, 2018
- Co-author, Protective Orders, State Bar of Texas, Advanced Family Law Course, 2021
- Co-author, “What Every Lawyer Needs to Know about CPS Involvement in Cases,” Headnotes, Dallas Bar Association, 2021
- Co-author, “Covid-19 and Family Law: What Every Practitioner Needs to Know.”, Texas Bar Journal, 2019
- Author & presenter, “I Got the Jeep and She Got the Palace: Understanding What is ‘Just and Right’ When Dividing Property in Divorce“, UNT Law Review, 2019
- Presenter, “Overlap Issues in Criminal Law and Family Law”, Dallas Bar Association Criminal Law Section, 2019
- “Marital Property Division”, Accessible Law Review, UNT Dallas College of Law, 2019
- Presenter, “Drafting Emergency Affidavits”, Dallas Association of Paralegals Luncheon, 2018
- Presenter, “Family Law for Domestic Violence Advocates”, Latinos Against Domestic Violence Annual Conference, 2016
- Author, “Evidentiary Tools in Family Violence Cases” – October 2015 DAYL Headnotes, 2015
Videos & Podcasts
- What Is a Standard Possession Schedule?
- 10 Tips on How to Prepare for Your Virtual Hearing
- Does a Parent Have to Pay Child Support if He or She Loses Their Job During this Crisis?
- Will Summer Possession Still Take Place?
- How Do I Manage “Distance Learning” Between Two Homes with My Ex?
- How Co-parenting is Affected if a Parent is Potentially Exposed to COVID-19?
- What Have the Courts Done in Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic?
- How Child Support Payment is Determined During Divorce
- Panelist, “Taking the Family Law Board Certification Exam,” Texas Advanced Family Law Conference, 2021, San Antonio.
- Moderator, “Assisting Legal Aid (or other Non-Profits) during the Pandemic with Domestic Violence on the Rise,“ American Bar Association webinar, July, 2021.
- Presenter, “Dragnet: Alcohol & Drug Testing & Devices that Actually Work” Family Law Essentials- Giving Back to Your Community, 2021, Laredo.
- Guest on the “#Lawyered” Podcast, “Balancing Motherhood and Lawyering,” May, 2021.
- Co-Author, “Covid-19 and Family Law: What Every Practitioner Needs to Know.” Texas Bar Journal, May 2019.
- Author & Presenter, “Understanding ‘Just and Right’ when Dividing Property in a Divorce,” UNT Law Review, 2019.
- Presenter, “Overlap Issues in Criminal Law and Family Law” – 2019 DBA Criminal Law Section, Dallas.
- Presenter, “Drafting Emergency Affidavits” – 2018 Dallas Association of Paralegals Luncheon, Dallas.
- Presenter, “Family Law for Domestic Violence Advocates” – 2016 Latinos Against Domestic Violence Annual Conference, Dallas.
- Author, “Evidentiary Tools in Family Violence Cases” – October 2015 DAYL Headnotes, Dallas.
- “Overlap Issues in Family Law”, Dallas Bar – Criminal Law Section Meeting, Co-Presenter, 2019
- “Drafting Emergency Affidavits”, Dallas Area Paralegal Services Family Law Section, Presenter, 2018
- “Family Law for Domestic Violence Advocates”, Latinos Against Domestic Violence Annual Conference, Presenter, 2016
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Annette Stewart American Inn of Court
- Collaborative Divorce Texas,
- Past Member
- Basic Training, 2018
- Advanced Training, 2018
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Area Young Lawyers Leadership Class
- Member, 2017
- Dallas Bar Association
- Women Empowered to Lead (WE LEAD), 2020
- Dallas Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Dallas Bar Association, Collaborative Law Section
- Secretary, 2019
- Hockaday School for Girls
- Alumnae Legal Society, Chair
- Jonathan’s Place
- Board of Directors
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists
- Texas Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Texas Family Law Foundation
- Bill Review Committee
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Genesis Women’s Shelter Young Leaders
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, 2011
- J.D., Law
- Vanderbilt University College of Arts and Sciences, 2008
- Magna Cum Laude with High Honors in History, Minor in Philosophy
- Texas, 2012
- Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas and the Supreme Court of the United States