Helping Clients Move from the Challenges of Family Law Issues to a Place of Resolution and Peace.
Mona Hosseiny-Tovar on Your Family and Your Future:
The complexities of family law issues can make clients feel uncertain about their future; my goal is to give them peace of mind knowing that we will navigate this challenging time together. I listen carefully to my client’s concerns and am responsive to their needs. By providing as much legal information as possible, I empower clients to make the best decisions for the long term. LGBTQ+ divorces and custody cases, child support enforcement cases, and same-sex second-parent adoptions are among my areas of focus and experience. I speak Farsi and have the knowledge and an understanding of the issues involved in multicultural marriages.
- Negotiate to reach a settlement out of court if possible, and advocate zealously for clients in the courtroom when necessary.
- Focus on each client’s unique situation, give clients a sense of worth and hope, and assure them that their issues matter.
- Keep the future perspective in mind and urge clients to focus on what is most important and not to react to what is happening just today.
- Communicate clearly with clients, answer phone calls within 24 hours, and prioritize time for client concerns.
Experience and Professional Credentials
Mona brings more than seven years of experience to Goranson Bain Ausley. Previously, Mona practiced immigration and criminal law in addition to family law and is experienced in managing these issues in divorce or custody cases. Following college, Mona started her career in the film and television industry in Los Angeles. She received her law degree from Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco, and also attended Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law as a visiting student. Apart from her practice, Mona loves spending quality time with her family, and going for walks and drives with her wife and 12-month-old baby girl. She also enjoys listening to spiritual podcasts, watching sci-fi shows, practicing meditation, writing poetry and jokes, and doing impressions.
- LGBTQ+ Parenting Rights
- LGBTQ+ Divorce
- Mental Health and Addiction in Divorce
- Parenting Schedules
- Visitation Rights
- Characterization of Separate and Community Property
- Business Valuation in Divorce
- Becoming a Foster Parent
- Modifying Child Support
- Grandparent Visitation and Custody Rights
- Property Division
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Alimony & Spousal Support Maintenance
- Divorce for Business Owners
- Contested Divorce
- High Net Worth Divorce
- Flat Fee Divorce
- Litigated Divorce
- Complex Property
- Dividing the Marital Home
- Pre-Divorce Guidance
- Appealing a Divorce Decree or Judgment
- High Conflict Divorce
- Uncontested Divorce
- Cohabitation Agreement
- Modification and Enforcement
- Negotiated Divorce
- Same-Sex Couples and Adoption of Children During Marriage November 9, 2022
- LGBT Bar Association, Dallas, TX Chapter, Member 2017-2019
- Iranian American Bar Association (IABA), San Francisco, CA Chapter, Member 2012-2015
Juris Doctor 2015, Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco, CA.
- Visiting Student 2014-2015, SMU Dedman School of Law, Dallas, TX
- Awards: 3rd Place, Bernie L. Segal Cross ‘n Close Competition
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award: Criminal Litigation
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award: Ethical Prosecutions
Bachelor of Science 2006, Radio/Television/Film, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX.
- Honors: Dean’s List, four semesters
- Licensed to Practice Law in the State of Texas, November 2015
- Licensed to Practice Federal Law in the Northern District of Texas, December 2018