Compassion and Skill to Protect Your Interests Today and Tomorrow
As a Board-Certified family lawyer and a parent myself, I am deeply committed to helping clients resolve their present family law matters and prepare for a secure future. I listen carefully to understand what is important to you—the challenges you face and the goals you want to achieve—and personalize the counsel I provide. Serving a diverse clientele, including working professionals, business owners, their spouses, and single parents— all whom want to minimize the impact of divorce on their family and finances— my primary aim is to safeguard your interests and your children’s well-being. My experience encompasses all aspects of family law, from complex divorces involving significant assets and custody battles to sensitive mental health issues.
- Pursue solution-focused, strategic approaches to minimize unnecessary costs and conflict.
- Excel at courtroom litigation when required.
- Offer strong advocacy from the beginning, meeting urgent needs for protective orders, child possession, and access to funds.
- Always approach cases from the client’s perspective, seeking to understand what is most important and personal to them.
- Work in partnership with clients to determine the most efficient course of action to guide them toward the best possible outcome for their future.
Kevin Davidson, a partner at Goranson Bain Ausley, is a distinguished family lawyer with over 15 years of experience exclusively in family law. He is skilled in cases involving children, where his focus on child-centric solutions and co-parenting strategies helps mitigate the negative impact of divorce on children. With a J.D. from the University of Houston Law Center and early career experience at the Harris County District Attorney’s Office prosecuting family violence crimes, Kevin brings a profound understanding of the complexities and trauma associated with family violence. This experience is pivotal in his handling of cases involving abused spouses and children.
Known for his client-centric approach, Kevin swiftly dives into the specifics of each case, ensuring immediate needs are met while strategizing for long-term solutions. His background in psychology further enables him to adeptly navigate cases with underlying family dysfunction or mental health issues. At the heart of his practice is a deep-seated belief that divorce and family law matters are more than legal transactions; they are pivotal life events that shape personal relationships and futures. Kevin’s goal is to guide families toward outcomes that prioritize their long-term well-being and stability.
- Represented multiple executives in divorce proceedings including complex property division, characterization and division of significant estates.
- Represented executive in a highly contested divorce case involving complex assets and child custody issues turning on allegations of substance abuse and family violence.
Outside of work, Kevin spends most of his time with his wife, Allison, their son, and the family dog. He enjoys attending live music with friends, cooking for family, and planning trips to the National Parks.
- Divorce for Men
- Amicable Divorce
- Mental Health and Addiction in Divorce
- Parenting Schedules
- Visitation Rights
- Complex Property
- Modifying Child Support
- Grandparent Visitation and Custody Rights in Texas
- Modification and Enforcement
- Alimony & Spousal Support Maintenance
- Divorce for Business Owners
- High Conflict Divorce
- High Net Worth Divorce
- Litigated Divorce
- Collaborative Divorce
Honors & Awards
- Selected to the Texas Rising Star list, Thomson Reuters, 2021
- Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America © in the field of Family Law, Best Lawyers, 2020 – 2023
- Co-Author, “Statutory Walk From a CPS Investigation to a Full Adversary Hearing,” State Bar College Summer School, 2011
- Presenter, “Constitutional Aspects of Parent-Child Relationships: Current Topics Affecting Parents and Their Students,” State Bar of Texas 14th Annual Bill of Rights Course, 2023
- Presenter, “Batson Challenges and Discriminatory Use of Peremptory Strikes,” State Bar of Texas 10th Annual Bill of Rights Course: Cutting-Edge Controversies in Constitutional Law, 2016
- State Bar of Texas
- Chair, Civil Liberties & Civil Rights Section, 2022 – 2023
- Chair, Individual Rights & Responsibilities Section, 2015 – 2016
- Course Director, State Bar’s Bill of Rights Continuing Legal Education Course, 2015 – 2016
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- Member, 2016 – present
- Dallas Bar Association
- Board Member, Family Law Section, 2023
- Member, Family Law Section, 2014 – present
- Committee Chair, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, 2011 – present
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Leadership Class, 2016
- University of Houston Law Center, 2008
- Law Review: Senior Articles Editor, Houston Business and Tax Law Journal
- Student article selected for publication, Retooling Patents: Current Problems, Proposed Solutions, and Economic Implications for Patent Reform
- The University of Texas at Austin
- B.A., Anthropology & Psychology
- Texas, 2008
- Board Certified in Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2017