Giving clients peace of mind that their trust is well-placed.
I work to find solutions and be a zealous advocate for clients as they face some of the most challenging times of their lives. Letting clients know I am in their corner helps build trusting relationships and the confidence that together we can accomplish things that would not be possible on their own. Resolving children’s issues such as custody, co-parenting, and possession schedules is a special interest of mine.
•Give straightforward counsel and keep clients in the loop to answer their questions and relieve anxieties.
•Establish goals and navigate a way to get there.
•Listen deeply to clients’ concerns, fears, and goals and work in partnership with clients to create a plan for achieving what is most important.
•Empathize with clients’ situation and strategize to achieve optimal outcomes.
Carlos is fluent in Spanish and is an Austin family lawyer for Goranson Bain Ausley.
Experience and Professional Credentials
Well-versed in the practice of family law, Carlos has been with Goranson Bain Ausley since 2021 as a law clerk. Prior to law school, Carlos was a bilingual elementary school teacher for five years and was inspired to pursue family law as a means of having a positive impact on the lives of children outside the limitations of the classroom. He served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Judge Dennise Garcia in the 303rd Judicial District (Family District Court), and was selected as a student attorney for the Texas Tech Family Law & Housing Clinic. Carlos holds both bachelor’s and master’s degrees and is a 2022 graduate of Texas Tech University School of Law.
Outside of practicing law, Carlos enjoys playing pick-up basketball, spending quality time with family and friends, sampling the newest Austin restaurants, and, along with his wife, adoring their dachshund pup, Dinky.
- Contested Divorce
- Uncontested Divorce
- Litigated Divorce
- Modification and Enforcement
- Property Division
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Divorce for Men
- Divorce for Women
- Mental Health and Addiction in Divorce
- Parenting Schedules
- Visitation Rights
- LGBTQ+ Parenting Rights
- Complex Property
- Dividing the Marital Home
- Characterization of Separate and Community Property
- Business Valuation in Divorce
- Becoming a Foster Parent
- Grandparent Visitation and Custody Rights in Texas
- Alimony & Spousal Support Maintenance
- Divorce for Business Owners
- Appealing a Divorce Decree or Judgment
- Pre-Divorce Guidance
- High Conflict Divorce
- LGBTQ+ Divorce
- High Net Worth Divorce
- Flat-Fee Divorce
- Negotiated Divorce
- Cohabitation Agreement
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
- Texas Divorce Forms and Helpful Resources May 8, 2023
- Navigating a Texas Divorce With a Special-Needs Child May 1, 2023
- Texas Tech University School of Law, 2022
- Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Distinction Award: Legal Practice/Writing
- Texas Bank Lawyer, Vol. XLIV-XLV – Editorial Board & Senior Writer
- Dean’s List: 2021-2022
- Board of Barristers Advanced Mock Trial Competition, Quarterfinalist
- Texas A&M University, 2013
- Master of Science in Sport Management
- Texas A&M International University, 2012
- Bachelor of Business Administration
State Bar of Texas, April 2023