Sound Advice to Provide Peace of Mind and Certainty About Your Future.
Angel Berbarie on Your Family and Your Future:
From experience, l know how important it is for clients to have a lawyer they can trust by their side. I earn clients’ confidence by listening to what matters to them, understanding their goals, and guiding them to workable solutions that move their lives forward. I represent executives, business owners, and working parents who want to minimize the impact of divorce on their wealth and their family. Practicing family law exclusively for more than 17 years, I discuss options and possible outcomes with clients so they can make sound decisions for their future. My goal is to help divorcing spouses see how they can restructure their families to protect financial assets, keep relationships intact, and create a better situation for children.
- Achieve successful results, both inside and outside the courtroom, through extensive negotiation and litigation experience.
- Simplify and focus on what’s most important and not be distracted by minutiae.
- Find creative solutions for challenging family law problems such as property division and children’s issues.
- Craft customized and realistic possession schedules that work for clients in their new family dynamic and represent the children’s best interests.
- Move cases forward efficiently through exceptional attention to detail and preparation.
Experience and Professional Credentials
Angel offers high-level experience in managing large asset cases, including complex property divisions. She is skilled in solving challenging financial and child custody issues, including divorces where the parties have interests in businesses, significant retirement, or investments to be divided, and where a customized possession schedule is needed to meet the family’s needs. Angel is Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and was named a Texas Super Lawyer by Thompson Reuters, 2022. She has also been recognized as a “Best Lawyer” in family law by U.S. News-Best Lawyers in America, 2021-2023.
Angel is a top tier Dallas divorce lawyer working out of our Dallas & Plano office locations.
Away from her practice, Angel lives for her two children, who provide an excuse to go boating, yell from the sidelines at soccer games, and indulge in popcorn and candy while watching movies together.
- Complex Property
- Cohabitation Agreement
- Property Division
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Alimony & Spousal Support Maintenance
- Contested Divorce
- High Net Worth Divorce
- LGBTQ+ Divorce
- Uncontested Divorce
- Divorce Mediation
- Litigated Divorce
- Negotiated Divorce
- Divorce for Business Owners
- Appealing a Divorce Decree or Judgment
- Pre-Divorce Guidance
- High Conflict Divorce
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
- Modification and Enforcement
Honors & Awards
- Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Family Law, Woodward and White Press, 2021-2023
- Selected to Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2022
- Selected to the Texas Rising Star list, Thomson Reuters, 2012- 2018
- Tips for Co-Parenting on Father’s Day June 14, 2022
- Giving Your Children Your Best During Divorce June 10, 2022
- 5 Ways to Keep the Mother/Child Relationship Strong During and After Divorce May 2, 2022
- Should I Help My Child Choose a Gift for My Ex-Spouse? December 3, 2021
- How Does Coronavirus and School Closures Affect My Possession Schedule? March 13, 2020
- Working Parents: Making Possession of the Children Work April 5, 2017
- Divorce and the Family Home – Keep it or Sell it? June 27, 2016
Blog, Marital Property Agreements – Dividing Assets and Income Without Divorcing, 2016
Blog, Divorce and the Family Home – Keep it or Sell it?, 2016
Blog, Working Parents Making Possession of the Children Work, 2016
Co-Author, What’s in Your Wallet? Property Case Law Update, Marriage Dissolution Institute, State Bar of Texas, 2017
Panel of Experts, Who What When & Where of Marital Property & Divorce, Capital Title, 2019
Blog, How Does Coronavirus and School Closures Affect My Possession Schedule?, 2020
Videos & Podcasts
- “Who What When & Where of Marital Property & Divorce”, Capital Title, Panelist, 2019
- Television appearance with Fox 4 News, 2009
- Empowering Women in Transition, Mowery Capital Management, 2014
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Collin County Bar Association, ADR/ Collaborative Law Section and Family Law Section
- Curt B. Henderson American Inn of Court
- Dallas Bar Association, Family Law Section
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law and Collaborative Law Section
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists
- Texas Family Law Foundation
- St. Jude Partners in Hope
- The University of Houston Law Center, 2004
- J.D., Law
- Texas A&M University, 2001
- B.S., Political Science, Cum Laude
- Distinguished Student
- Dean’s Honor Roll
- Golden Key National Honor Society
- Texas, 2004
Board Certified in Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2010