Sound Advice to Provide Peace of Mind and Certainty About Your Future.
I have practiced family law exclusively for more than 17 years, and from experience, I know how important it is for clients to have a divorce lawyer they can trust by their side. I earn clients’ confidence by listening to what matters to them, understanding their goals, and guiding them to workable solutions that move their lives forward. I represent executives, business owners, and working parents who want to minimize the impact of divorce on their wealth and their family. I take the time to discuss options and possible outcomes with clients so they can make sound decisions for their future. My goal is to help divorcing spouses see how they can restructure their families to protect financial assets, keep relationships intact, and create a better situation for children through the development and modification of unique child custody and support plans.
- Achieve successful results, both inside and outside the courtroom, through extensive negotiated divorce and litigation experience.
- Simplify and focus on what’s most important and not be distracted by minutiae.
- Find creative solutions for challenging family law problems such as complex property division and children’s issues.
- Craft customized and realistic possession schedules that work for clients in their new family dynamic and represent the children’s best interests.
- Move cases forward efficiently through exceptional attention to detail and preparation.
Experience and Professional Credentials
Angel possesses a high-level of experience managing complex property divisions, large-asset cases, and pre- and post-marital agreements. Through nearly 20 years of work, she has developed and honed the necessary skills to solve the complicated child custody and financial issues families face in divorce. Whether your divorce requires a customized possession schedule or the division of investments, significant retirement funds, or business interests, Angel can help you meet your family’s needs.
Angel is Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and was named a Texas Super Lawyer by Thompson Reuters in 2022. She has also been recognized as a “Best Lawyer” in family law by the U.S. News Best Lawyers in America, 2021-2023.
Angel Berbarie is a top-tier Dallas divorce lawyer working out of our Dallas and Plano office locations.
Away from her practice, she lives for her two children, and loves watching her daughter cheer at football games, yelling from the sidelines at her son’s soccer games, and indulging in popcorn and candy while watching movies together.
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
- Property Division
- Complex Property
- Characterization of Separate and Community Property
- Child Custody
- Parenting Schedules
- Modification and Enforcement
- Child Support
- Divorce for Women
- Divorce for Men
- Mental Health and Addiction in Divorce
- Visitation Rights
- LGBTQ+ Parenting Rights
- Dividing the Marital Home
- Business Valuation in Divorce
- Becoming a Foster Parent
- Grandparent Visitation and Custody Rights in Texas
- Cohabitation Agreement
- Alimony & Spousal Support Maintenance
- Contested Divorce
- High Net Worth Divorce
- LGBTQ+ Divorce
- Uncontested Divorce
- Litigated Divorce
- Negotiated Divorce
- Divorce for Business Owners
- Appealing a Divorce Decree or Judgment
- Pre-Divorce Guidance
- High Conflict Divorce
Honors & Awards
- Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Family Law, Best Lawyers, 2021-2024
- Selected to Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2022 – 2023
- Selected to the Texas Rising Star list, Thomson Reuters, 2012- 2018
- How Do Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements Protect My Business? October 18, 2023
- Tips for Co-Parenting on Father’s Day June 14, 2022
- Giving Your Children Your Best During Divorce June 10, 2022
- 5 Ways to Keep the Mother/Child Relationship Strong During and After Divorce May 2, 2022
- Should I Help My Child Choose a Gift for My Ex-Spouse? December 3, 2021
- How Does Coronavirus and School Closures Affect My Possession Schedule? March 13, 2020
- Working Parents: Making Possession of the Children Work April 5, 2017
- Divorce and the Family Home – Keep it or Sell it? June 27, 2016
Blog, Marital Property Agreements – Dividing Assets and Income Without Divorcing, 2016
Blog, Divorce and the Family Home – Keep it or Sell it?, 2016
Blog, Working Parents Making Possession of the Children Work, 2016
Co-Author, What’s in Your Wallet? Property Case Law Update, Marriage Dissolution Institute, State Bar of Texas, 2017
Panel of Experts, Who What When & Where of Marital Property & Divorce, Capital Title, 2019
Blog, How Does Coronavirus and School Closures Affect My Possession Schedule?, 2020
Videos & Podcasts
- “Who What When & Where of Marital Property & Divorce”, Capital Title, Panelist, 2019
- Television appearance with Fox 4 News, 2009
- Empowering Women in Transition, Mowery Capital Management, 2014
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Collin County Bar Association, ADR/ Collaborative Law Section and Family Law Section
- Curt B. Henderson American Inn of Court
- Dallas Bar Association, Family Law Section
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law and Collaborative Law Section
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists
- Texas Family Law Foundation
- St. Jude Partners in Hope
- The University of Houston Law Center, 2004
- J.D., Law
- Texas A&M University, 2001
- B.S., Political Science, Cum Laude
- Distinguished Student
- Dean’s Honor Roll
- Golden Key National Honor Society
- Texas, 2004
Board Certified in Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2010