Moving Forward, with Skill and Compassion
Rachel Rizzieri Feist on Your Family and Your Future:
I recognize that divorce and other family law issues can have a lasting impact on clients and work to create a best-possible “new normal” for their lives moving forward. By listening carefully and finding solutions, I help clients feel more in control of the process. My clients include young families, working parents, and professionals who value finding a creative solution with dignity. I have assisted numerous clients in complex property division, custody matters, same-sex divorce, and paternity suits and have extensive experience providing support in contested trials, court hearings, and mediation.
- Achieve a settlement in a way that does not create unnecessary pain and minimizes the destruction for families, even with cases that seem intractable and headed for trial.
- Build trust by focusing on my client’s situation, listening in a non-judgmental way, and simplifying matters to relieve anxiety.
- Explain options along the way and offer cost-benefit analysis so clients can make informed decisions.
- Execute a constructive, organized, and detail-oriented approach, preparing agendas for meetings, addressing all concerns, and planning and communicating next steps.
- Advocate fiercely in the courtroom as a tenacious litigator when the situation requires, but do not take litigation casually and will use it as a necessary means to an end.
Experience and Professional Credentials
Rachel has significant experience in all aspects of family law and passionately advocates for her client’s best interests through negotiation, mediation, or litigation. A graduate of SMU Dedman School of Law, Rachel served as an intern with family court judge Dennise Garcia, presiding judge of the 303rd Judicial District Court of Dallas County. She also gained hands-on experience working with Dallas area family law clients as Chief Student Counsel with the SMU VanSickle Family Law Clinic. Had Rachel not pursued law, her next choice would have been mental health and counseling because of her affinity for listening to people’s stories and passion for helping them through difficult and emotional times.
Rachel grew up in Plano. When she is not practicing law, Rachel loves adventuring outdoors, especially traveling to Colorado to hike or ski. At home, she enjoys spending time with her husband, sweet baby boy, and their two dogs.
- Dallas Bar Association Family Law Section
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Collin County Bar Association Family Law Section
- SMU Dedman School of Law, 2017
- Juris Doctor
- New York University, 2011
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Cum Laude
- State Bar of Texas, 2018