Delivering Peace of Mind When You Need It Most
I represent a wide range of clients residing in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex, including working parents, physicians, professionals, and their spouses or partners who want to trust that their lawyer is there for them and will protect their interests. Many of my clients are facing the complex challenges of divorce, contested custody, and other family law matters while also juggling their careers, caring for their children, and looking after their elderly parents.
My goal is to minimize the stress that comes with making life-changing decisions and help clients move through the transition of divorce to a new and happy life.
• Take a client-centered approach that involves listening, empathizing, and strategizing to arrive at solutions that meet the needs of each client’s individual situation.
• Work with experts and specialized resources such as mental health professionals, financial experts, or children’s counselors to offer support to clients and strengthen their cases.
• Leverage my litigation experience to evaluate the cost-benefit analysis of going to court versus reaching a settlement out of court.
• Solve highly contested custody issues by providing creative possession schedules and parameters while reducing tensions between the parties.
• Remain focused on clients’ goals to reduce their stress and foster a sense of security about their case.
Chandler has extensive experience in family law litigation, is trained in Collaborative Divorce, and was named to D Magazine’s 2022 Best Lawyers Under 40. She has also been named a Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch in 2023 and selected for the Texas Rising Star list in 2023. With a background in business and real estate law, Chandler possesses a deep understanding of how businesses operate. She works closely with business owners to identify separate and community property. She also possesses the knowledge and skills required for drafting pre- and post-nuptial agreements and finding creative solutions to contested custody cases and modifications. Additionally, Chandler has worked on numerous cases involving Child Protective Services (CPS), including serving children involved in CPS cases as a guardian ad litem/attorney ad litem. She has also skillfully handled grandparents’ rights cases and situations involving termination and adoption.
Given the financial and emotional stress of a divorce or other family law dispute, Chandler always tries to convey her clients’ options as clearly and honestly as possible. She informs them when she does not believe the court is likely to grant the relief they want, but she is always ready to use her experienced litigation skills when needed. This approach has helped Chandler develop a reputation as a reliable and thoughtful family lawyer. Whether she’s drafting standard pre- or post-marital agreements or settling highly contested custody issues, she always works hard to obtain the best possible results for her clients, their children, and their businesses.
Chandler is an active member of the Dallas community, taking part in numerous social, church, school, and neighborhood organizations. She is part of the parents’ association and the alumnae board for the Hockaday School, her alma mater where her two children also attend. Outside of her school involvements, Chandler belongs to the Junior Group of the Dallas Garden Club and is active with the Women’s Auxiliary of the Salvation Army and the parent ministry at Saint Michael’s and All Angels Episcopal Church. She loves playing tennis, flower arranging, and doing arts and crafts with the “kiddos.”
- Collaborative Divorce
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
- Divorce for Women
- Divorce for Men
- Child Custody
- Parenting Schedules
- Visitation Rights
- Grandparent Visitation and Custody Rights in Texas
- LGBTQ+ Parenting Rights
- Child Support
- Modification and Enforcement
- Modifying Child Support
- Mental Health and Addiction in Divorce
- Dividing the Marital Home
- Characterization of Separate and Community Property
- Business Valuation in Divorce
- Becoming a Foster Parent
- Flat-Fee Divorce
- Complex Property
- Cohabitation Agreement
- Property Division
- Alimony & Spousal Support Maintenance
- LGBTQ+ Divorce
- Uncontested Divorce
- Contested Divorce
- Negotiated Divorce
- Litigated Divorce
- High Net Worth Divorce
- Divorce for Business Owners
- Appealing a Divorce Decree or Judgment
- Pre-Divorce Guidance
- High Conflict Divorce
- Amicable Divorce
Honors & Awards
- Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch © in the field of Family Law, Woodward and White Press, 2023
- Best Lawyers Under 40, D Magazine, 2022
- Selected to the Texas Rising Star list, Thomson Reuters, 2023
- How Do I Protect Myself Financially From My Spouse During a Divorce? August 9, 2023
- What Does Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) Look Like in a Marriage, and How Does it Impact the Relationship? May 26, 2023
- A Prenuptial Agreement Is An Expression Of Love February 10, 2023
- What Choices Do You Have in Texas When Divorce Is Not an Option? September 26, 2022
- How to Achieve Successful Co-Parenting During and After Divorce May 18, 2022
- It’s Mother’s Day but it’s Dad’s Weekend – Who Gets the Kids? April 30, 2022
- What Rights Do Stepparents Have in Texas After Divorce? March 21, 2022
- How Does Spousal Maintenance Work in the State of Texas? March 8, 2022
- Holiday Standard Possession Orders in Texas November 4, 2021
- What to Do if My Child Refuses Visitation in Texas November 1, 2021
Annette Stewart American Inn of Court
Collin County Younger Lawyers Association
- Board of Directors, 2010-2016
Dallas Bar Association
- Women Empowered to Lead (WE LEAD), 2022
Dallas Women Lawyers Association
- Southern Methodist University – Dedman School of Law, 2009
- Southern Methodist University, 2006
- B.A., Advertising
State Bar of Texas, 2009