Delivering Peace of Mind When You Need It Most
Chandler Winslow on Your Family and Your Future:
I represent a wide range of Dallas / Fort Worth area clients, including professionals, working parents, physicians, and their spouses or partners who want to trust that their lawyer is there for them and will protect their interests. Many of my clients are dealing with the challenges of divorce and other family law matters while also taking care of children, elderly parents, and/or pursuing a career. My goal is to alleviate the stress that comes with making life-changing decisions and help clients through the transition to a new and happy life.
- Take a client-centered approach that involves listening, empathizing, and strategizing to arrive at solutions that meet the needs of each client’s individual situation.
- Enlist specialized resources and expertise such as children’s counselors, financial professionals, or mental health experts to offer support to clients and strengthen their cases.
- Apply my experience as a litigator to weigh the cost-benefit analysis of going to court against settlement.
- Solve highly contested custody issues by providing creative possession schedules and parameters while diffusing volatility between parties.
- Always keep focused on my purpose as a family lawyer to relieve clients of worrying about their case because I’m taking care of it.
Chandler has been named D Magazine Best Lawyers Under 40 for 2022. She has experience in family law litigation and is trained in Collaborative Divorce. With a background in business and real estate law, Chandler understands how a business operates and works closely with business owners on identifying separate and community property. She is also sought after for drafting pre-and post-nuptial agreements and solving highly contested custody issues. She has represented clients in all aspects of cases involving Child Protective Services (CPS) and has served children as a Guardian ad Litem/Attorney ad Litem. Taking into consideration the emotional and financial stressors that accompany family law matters, Chandler is honest with clients about their expectations and options. She advises them when she does not think the court will grant the relief they are seeking but is ready to apply her considerable skills in litigation when necessary. With a reputation for being a thoughtful and reliable family attorney, Chandler works to achieve the best possible outcome for clients who want what is best for themselves, their children, and their businesses.
Chandler is engaged in the Dallas community with a variety of school, church, neighborhood, and social organizations. The mother of two daughters, Chandler is active in both of their schools serving on the Parents’ Association at Saint Michael’s Episcopal School and the Hockaday School. Hockaday is also Chandler’s alma mater, where she is a member of the Alumnae Association Board. She is Co-Chair of the Parent Ministry at Saint Michael’s and All Angels Episcopal Church and a member of the Junior Group of the Dallas Garden Club. Outside the office, Chandler has taken up tennis as a new hobby, and loves flower arranging, painting, and making crafts with her “kiddos.”
- Complex Property
- Cohabitation Agreement
- Property Division
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Alimony & Spousal Support Maintenance
- LGBTQ+ Divorce
- Uncontested Divorce
- Contested Divorce
- Negotiated Divorce
- Litigated Divorce
- High Net Worth Divorce
- Divorce for Business Owners
- Appealing a Divorce Decree or Judgment
- Pre-Divorce Guidance
- High Conflict Divorce
- Modification and Enforcement
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
- Collaborative Divorce
Honors & Awards
- Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch © in the field of Family Law, Woodward and White Press, 2023
- Best Lawyers Under 40, D Magazine, 2022
- Selected to the Texas Rising Star list, Thomson Reuters, 2023
- What Does Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) Look Like in a Marriage, and How Does it Impact the Relationship? May 26, 2023
- A Prenuptial Agreement Is An Expression Of Love February 10, 2023
- What Choices Do You Have in Texas When Divorce Is Not an Option? September 26, 2022
- How to Achieve Successful Co-Parenting During and After Divorce May 18, 2022
- It’s Mother’s Day but it’s Dad’s Weekend – Who Gets the Kids? April 30, 2022
- What Rights Do Stepparents Have After a Texas Divorce? March 21, 2022
- How Does Spousal Maintenance Work in the State of Texas? March 8, 2022
- Holiday Standard Possession Orders in Texas November 4, 2021
- What to Do if My Child Refuses Visitation in Texas November 1, 2021
Annette Stewart American Inn of Court
Collin County Younger Lawyers Association
- Board of Directors, 2010-2016
Dallas Bar Association
- Women Empowered to Lead (WE LEAD), 2022
Dallas Women Lawyers Association
- Southern Methodist University – Dedman School of Law, 2009
- Southern Methodist University, 2006
- B.A., Advertising
State Bar of Texas, 2009