Helping Clients Make Good, Sound Decisions
I’m driven to help families navigate difficult journeys, make sound decisions and successfully transition into the next phase of their lives. My clients include millennials, professionals, and their spouses, who value a constructive and intelligent approach to family law. I advise clients on a wide range of family law matters, including helping them establish a solid financial footing and take care of their children. My work often involves complicated custody, property, and financial matters. With me, it’s all about family and helping people figure out what’s best for all, now and in the future.
- Empathize with my client’s situation, understand the challenging dynamics they face, and minimize anxiety about what comes next.
- Educate them about their options, practical topics like effective co-parenting, and communication tools they can use to move forward with confidence.
- Counsel clients about the law, project likely outcomes, and encourage them to make informed decisions based on the facts.
- Invest personally and professionally in my client’s cases to secure the best possible outcomes.
Angelica is an Austin family lawyer with Goranson Bain Ausley.
Angelica was named a 2023 “Texas Rising Stars” by Thomson Reuters and a 2023 “Ones to Watch” by Best Lawyers in America© in Family Law. Angelica is a past member of the 2019-2020 State Bar of Texas Leadership Class and is a member of the Diversity in the Profession Committee of the State Bar of Texas. She speaks fluent Spanish and is proficient in Portuguese.
In law school, Angelica was selected to be a member of the Texas Tech Family Law & Housing Clinic. There, she assisted indigent members of the community in a broad range of contested and uncontested cases. This community work continues today. Currently, she is a volunteer family law attorney for Volunteer Legal Services, Jane’s Due Process, and the Texas Advocacy Project.
Outside of taking care of clients and working in the community, Angelica enjoys spending time with her husband, beautiful daughter, and their dog, Mitchell. The four of them are foodies and enjoy exploring Austin’s culinary scene.
- Litigated Divorce
- Cohabitation Agreement
- Mental Health and Addiction in Divorce
- Child Custody
- Parenting Schedules
- LGBTQ+ Parenting Rights
- Visitation Rights
- Child Support
- Modifying Child Support
- Modification and Enforcement
- High Net Worth Divorce
- Property Division
- Characterization of Separate and Community Property
- Complex Property
- Dividing the Marital Home
- Divorce for Women
- Divorce for Men
- Divorce for Business Owners
- Business Valuation in Divorce
- Grandparent Visitation and Custody Rights in Texas
- Becoming a Foster Parent
- Alimony & Spousal Support Maintenance
- Amicable Divorce
- Contested Divorce
- Flat-Fee Divorce
- Gray Divorce
- High Conflict Divorce
- Uncontested Divorce
- LGBTQ+ Divorce
- Negotiated Divorce
- Appealing a Divorce Decree or Judgment
- Pre-Divorce Guidance
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
Honors & Awards
- Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch © in the field of Family Law, Woodward and White Press, 2021-2023
- Inclusion in Super Lawyers “Rising Stars,” Thomson Reuters, 2021-2023
- Selected as Austin’s Top Attorneys, Austin Monthly Magazine, 2022
- Understanding the Tax Implications of Divorce February 22, 2023
- How to Successfully Navigate Co-Parenting During Coronavirus Webinar April 22, 2020
- What Divorced Couples Need to Know About Stimulus Checks April 3, 2020
- Marriage, Mortgages, and Millennials August 16, 2019
- 5 Tips for Telling Your Children About the Divorce December 13, 2018
- Co-Author, “House of the Rising Sun: Real Estate Issues in Family Law,” 2020 Advanced Family Law Course
- Author, “Starting Off on the Right Foot With Your (Potentially) New Client,” 2019 Handling Your First (or Next) Divorce (to be Presented October 2019)
- Co-Author, “Securing the Deal” 2017 Advanced Family Law Drafting Course.
- Co-Author, “Daubert and Other Pre-Trial Matters” 2017 Advanced Family Law Course.
- Author, Access Denied: Why the Supreme Court’s Decision in Shelby v. Holder May Disenfranchise Texas Minority Voters, 46 TEX. TECH L. REV. 519 (2014).
Videos & Podcasts
- “Dealing with Social Media and Your Divorce”, Victoria Family Law Essentials Seminar, Pro Bono Committee of the Family Law Section of the State Bar of Texas, 2019
- Austin Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Collaborative Divorce Texas
- Diversity in the Profession State Bar of Texas Committee, 2020-2021
- Advisory Member
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law
- State Bar of Texas Leadership Class
- Member, 2019 – 2020
- Texas Tech School of Law, 2014
- J.D., Law
- Texas Tech Law Review: Student Writing Editor Volume 46
- University of Texas at Austin, 2011
- B.A., Government, Plan II Honors
- Texas, 2014