A Voice of Reason During Emotional and Uncertain Times
Jasmine Avery on Your Family and Your Future
I am passionate about families and chose family law to help protect clients’ well-being as we work together to find a personalized solution for their situation. I understand that divorce or other family law matters are not simply a transaction but rather a significant life transition, and I offer practical and sound advice to help guide clients through this time to a hopeful future. Complex children’s issues, including mental health, learning disabilities, and parents with alcohol or substance abuse concerns, are a particular strength of mine. I strive to be a voice for children and look out for their best interests.
- Maintain a level head as circumstances change, and help clients adapt and manage their emotions.
- Listen and understand, talk to clients with compassion and avoid intimidating legal jargon.
- Advocate for clients and assure them they are not alone.
- Empower clients to make sound decisions for the long term.
Experience and Professional Credentials
Working with Texas Advocacy Project, Inc. as a law clerk strongly influenced Jasmine’s choice of family law as her focus. Cases involving domestic violence, protective orders, and children’s issues gave her experience in walking with clients during the most challenging situations. A graduate of Regent University School of Law, Jasmine brings an undergraduate major in sociology and minor in child development to her affinity for family law.
Away from her practice, Jasmine is the director of a campus ministry program. She also enjoys going to the park with her husband, Chris, her dog, Creed, seeing movies, and savoring seafood and Mexican fare.
Jasmine is a divorce lawyer located at our Austin office.
- Member of the Austin Bar Association
- Member of the Austin Black Lawyer’s Association
- Member of the Family Law Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Member of the African American Lawyer’s Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Member of the Travis County Women Lawyer’s Association
- Member of the Austin Young Lawyer’s Association
- Member of the Barbara Jordan Inn of Court
- Member of the 2022-2023 class of LeadershipSBOT
- Member of the Austin Young Women’s Alliance
- Logistics Director for Occupy Campus Ministry at Texas State University
- Global Director of Planting & Survey for Occupy Campus Ministry
Regent University School of Law, Juris Doctor, December 2021
- Hampton Roads Bar Association Law Student of the Year
- Trial Advocacy Board
- Public Interest Legal Advocates of Regent Board
- Law School Senator
- Black Law Student Association
Missouri State University, Bachelor of Science in Sociology, May 2019
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
- NAACP Collegiate Chapter Board
- Dean’s List
- Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity
- University Ambassador
State Bar of Texas, April 2022