A Skilled Negotiator, To Help You Navigate Forward
Caroline Galloway on Your Family and Your Future:
I help clients design a future where they can rebuild, succeed and feel whole again. When families face a crisis over a divorce or other family law matter, I help them neutralize the situation and navigate forward with an emphasis on defining and achieving holistic and realistic goals. My clients include business owners with valuation cases, moderate to high net-worth individuals, and high-profile clients, who value finding a creative solution with dignity.
- Negotiate on complicated issues to reach an agreement that reflects clients’ original goals while minimizing legal costs.
- Achieve a settlement in a way that does not create unnecessary pain and minimizes the destruction for families, even with cases that seem intractable and headed for trial.
- Explore out-of-court options as a first resort, including mediation and collaborative law, to usher clients toward an agreeable solution that meets their goals.
- Advocate fiercely in the courtroom as a tenacious litigator when the situation requires, but do not take litigation casually and will use it as a necessary means to an end.
- Steer clients toward decisions that are ultimately in the best interests of their family without letting emotions get in the way or cloud their judgment.
Caroline has significant experience in helping families with children who have mental health needs, spouses who have experienced trauma or addiction issues, and clients dealing with complex child custody issues. She is trained in Collaborative Divorce and is knowledgeable on creative and unique parenting plans and adoption. Caroline was selected to the Texas Rising Star list in 2021.
Prior to joining Goranson Bain Ausley, Caroline worked with the Legal Assistance Foundation of Chicago, where she represented children with disabilities, children living in foster care, and low-income families. Caroline also worked as a victim’s advocate at a domestic violence and sexual assault crisis center. Her training in active listening, crisis intervention, and case management allows her to help clients navigate through difficult family law issues.
Helping clients adopt hits close to home for Caroline. Caroline and her husband became licensed foster parents and eventually grew their beautiful family through adoption. Her personal experience with adoption allows her to approach these complex cases with a unique understanding and empathy. To Caroline, walking clients through the adoption process is one of the greatest parts of being a family law attorney.
- Complex Property
- Collaborative Divorce
- Cohabitation Agreement
- Alimony & Spousal Support Maintenance
- Child Custody
- Property Division
- Child Support
- Complex Asset Divorce
- High Net Worth Divorce
- Contested Divorce
- Uncontested Divorce
- LGBTQ+ Divorce
- Negotiated Divorce
- Litigated Divorce
- Appealing a Divorce Decree or Judgment
- Divorce for Business Owners
- High Conflict Divorce
- Pre-Divorce Guidance
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
- Modification and Enforcement
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers Under 40, D Magazine, 2022
- Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch © in the field of Family Law, Woodward and White Press, 2022
- Selected to the Texas Rising Star list, Thomson Reuters, 2021 & 2022
- It’s Mother’s Day but it’s Dad’s Weekend – Who Gets the Kids? April 30, 2021
- Holiday Standard Possession Orders in Texas November 4, 2020
- Divorce and Special Education November 5, 2018
- Preparing for Divorce When You Have Children With Disabilities May 22, 2018
Videos & Podcasts
- University of California School of Law, 2015
- J.D., Law
- Dean’s Merit Scholarship
- Dean’s Award: Education Law and Policy, Community & Economic Development Clinic
- Indiana University College of Arts and Sciences, 2012
- B.A., International Studies, Political and Civic Engagement
- Magna Cum Laude
- Illinois, 2015
- Texas, 2017